The Polo Training Foundation sponsors these clinics currently run by the United States Polo Association.
Playing polo is a confidence builder for both horse and rider. Any breed of horse along with any age of rider can have a great time with polo. Polo is a fantastic team sport, which can make it a fun family activity. At the higher levels it is an exhilarating and fast-paced sport.
The clinic goal is to help students understand the concepts, rules, and principles of polo. To accomplish this goal, participants will receive instruction through videos, discussion and hands-on learning.
The participants will:
- View a USPA Blue Book Video Guide while Wilbur explains the rules of the game.
- Identify and demonstrate the four basic mallet strokes.
- Understand the Line of the Ball (LOB) and the Right of Way
- Learn the concept of the Man, Line, Ball Theory and beginning strategy for Polo.
- Practice these concepts with the use of foot mallets while unmounted.
- Learn the proper way to prepare and protect your horse for the game and how to introduce your horse to mallets and balls.
- Learn skills while mounted, progressing to coached scrimmage games.
- Discuss plans for the creation of a polo club or Interscholastic/Intercollegiate club if desired.